Whether you are saving for a rainy day, or something more exciting, it’s important to get a good return on your money. If you start saving regularly, you’ll find that your savings start to add up quickly.
The Forester Life Individual Savings Account offers a flexible way to invest in stocks and shares whatever your budget. Designed for low-cost stakeholder savings, you can invest from as little as £20 up to £15,240 in the 2016/17 tax year. If you want to split your ISA allowance between stock and shares, cash and peer to peer lending, you are free to open a Cash ISA and/or an Innovative Finance ISA with another provider. The only restriction is that you will not be able to invest more than £15,240 overall, for the tax year.
Even if you already have a Cash ISA, there’s real growth potential with a Forester Life Stocks and Shares ISA that offers a low-charge, risk controlled investment in stocks & shares and fixed interest bonds, giving the potential for a good balanced return. Don’t forget that the value can fall as well as rise.
Features of our ISA include:
- Professionally managed by Schroders – Your savings are balanced between stocks and shares and fixed interest holdings by the experienced fund management team at Schroders.
- Flexible - It’s up to you. Save as little as £20 a month, make single contributions – or both; up to £15,240 this financial year. You can change contributions or make withdrawals at any time.
- Clear, low capped charges – The only charge is an annual management charge of 1.5% and then 1% after 10 years. Unlike some other providers, we don’t charge entry, exit or transfer fees.
- Manage your account online – View and add contributions at any time.
- Keeping up with inflation – We automatically increase the amount of your regular savings each year to help your contributions keep pace with inflation.
Did you know?
- You can save up to £15,240 a year to provide a tax-free lump sum
- You can open a Stocks and Shares ISA even if you have a Cash ISA, as long as the combined amount does not exceed £15,240
- You can transfer your existing ISAs to us, both Stocks and Shares ISAs and Cash ISAs, with no charge from Foresters
Already have an online account?
Sign in to My Plans and make it easier to open and top-up your plan.
Login to My Plans >
Quick and easy to apply.
What you'll need:
- Your National Insurance (NI) number
- Your bank details
- Your Debit Card (if you wish to make a single contribution this way)
What might I get back from my Plan?
|Fund Value After|
|5 years||10 years||20 years|
|Fund Value After|
|5 years||10 years||20 years|
The Forester Life ISA is a medium to long-term stakeholder investment scheme and as such meets the standard for ‘capped charges’. There is an annual charge of 1.5% of the value of the funds you accumulate, dropping to 1% after 10 years. If your fund is valued at £250 throughout the year, this means that we charge £3.75 that year. If your fund is valued at £500 throughout the year, this means that we charge £7.50 that year. After 10 years these deductions would reduce to £2.50 and £5.00 respectively.
Every year we will send a statement showing the value of the plan.
- For the purpose of the projections, monthly amounts assume an automatic increase of 2.5% per annum, except for £1,270, which is 2.0% per annum.
- These figures are only illustrative and not guaranteed. You could get back more or less than this and you may get back less than you paid in. What you will get back depends on how your investment grows and on the tax treatment of the investment. Investments can go down as well as up.
- Inflation would reduce what you could buy in the future.
- These illustrated figures should be studied in conjunction with the Key Features and Terms & Conditions of the Forester Life ISA.
- Information is based on our understanding of current legislation and HM Revenue and Customs practice, and may be subject to change. Taxation will depend on individual circumstances.
Your ISA questions answered
What is a Stocks and Shares ISA?
What is the Forester Life ISA?
Stakeholder investment schemes were introduced by the Government to offer consumers straightforward, low cost, risk-controlled products which meet certain standards.
The Forester Life Stakeholder Managed Funds aim to achieve medium to long-term growth consistent with stakeholder standards for ‘risk-controlled’ investment. The Funds include investments which consist of shares, index linked and other fixed interest securities designed to provide growth potential without undue risk.
Am I eligible to take out an ISA?
What’s the difference between an Innovative Finance ISA and a Stocks and Shares ISA?
What’s the difference between a Cash ISA and a Stocks and Shares ISA?
Which one could be right for me?
What are the individual circumstances where I may be taxed?
How can I save into my Stocks and Shares ISA?
What are the charges?
Can I have a Cash ISA, an Innovative Finance ISA and a Stocks and Shares ISA at the same time?
I’ve already got a Stocks and Shares ISA. What can I do?
Transfer your Cash or Stocks and Shares ISA to Foresters >
How long should I invest in a Stocks and Shares ISA?
Can I contribute to more than one Stocks and Shares ISA in the same tax year?
Any other questions?
Please call us on:
0333 600 0333
Local rates apply