Thank you for your interest in transfering your ISA to Forester Life.
You can transfer all or part of your existing ISAs from previous tax years, from any company, to us.
Even if you have paid into another ISA in this tax year, you can still transfer to a Forester Life ISA. By transferring the subscriptions made so far in this tax year, you can then subscribe up to the remainder of your ISA allowance into your Forester Life ISA.
Remember, if you only have a Cash ISA elsewhere you can still open an online Stocks and Shares ISA with us just as long as the combined subscriptions do not exceed your ISA allowance.
So if you are eligible, why not consider opening our online Stocks and Shares ISA first, which will allow you to take advantage of online servicing, and then transfer any existing ISAs to us?
Did you know?
- You can have both a Cash ISA and a Stocks and Shares ISA as long as your combined contributions do not exceed £15,240 this tax year (£20,000 from 6th April 2017).
- You can open our online Stocks and Shares ISA even if you have a Cash ISA elsewhere in the same tax year without needing to transfer first.
- Transferring previous years’ ISA subscriptions do not affect your ISA allowance for this tax year.
- Please read the Key Features, Terms & Conditions and the important information on this webpage before transferring.
- If you decide you want to take money from an existing ISA to invest with us, it is important to make sure you transfer your ISA allowance, rather than withdrawing the funds yourself to re-invest. If you were to withdraw the funds they would lose their favourable tax-treatment and reinvestment would be limited to your current year’s ISA allowance.
- If you are transferring from a Cash ISA, you should note that there will now be some risk to your capital.
- The information we provide does not constitute advice. We do not give advice on transfers, so if you are in any doubt, please seek financial advice.
We will then contact your existing provider for you to transfer your ISA to a Forester Life Stocks and Shares ISA.
Forester Life Individual Savings Account Transfer Form
PDF Document, 240kb
Your questions answered
I have paid into a Cash ISA this tax year, what are my options?
As long as you have not paid your entire ISA allowance into a Cash ISA this year, then you are likely to still be able to open an online Stocks and Shares ISAs with us. If you have fully-funded a Cash ISA this tax year you are still able to transfer it to us. However, we are currently unable to offer online servicing to ISA plans opened by transferring in this way.
I have already paid into a Stocks and Shares ISA elsewhere this tax year, can I still transfer to Foresters?
You are still able to transfer existing ISAs to us. However, we are currently unable to offer online servicing to ISA plans opened by transferring in this way.
What are the charges for making a transfer?
We do not make any separate charge for accepting or making transfers. However, your existing provider may apply a charge. The ongoing charges for the Forester Life ISA are detailed in the Key Features document.
What happens after I apply to transfer?
Once we receive your form, we will act upon your instructions so that your existing ISA(s) can be transferred to us.
Can I manage a transferred ISA online?
If you have opened our online Stocks and Shares ISA first, or if you are eligible to do so, then you can. Once your online ISA has been opened, you can transfer in any existing ISAs which can then also be managed online. However, if you do not open an online ISA with us first, but still transfer an existing ISA to us, then online servicing will not be available, although we plan to introduce this ability for ISAs transferred in this way in the near future.