a head start
Transferring your Child Trust Fund (CTF) or a Junior ISA to a Forester Life Junior ISA is simple and can be done online in a few minutes.
Or open a Junior ISA with us >
Why a Forester Life Junior ISA?
We look after you and Schroders invests your money
When you transfer your child’s savings to us, not only do you receive the benefit of Foresters experience, financial strength and reliability you will also receive the expertise of Schroders – one of the world’s leading independent investment managers.
Our Junior ISA is designed to be a straightforward way to invest in child savings and is designed for saving over the medium to long-term. Your savings will be balanced between stocks and shares and fixed interest holdings by the experienced fund management team at Schroders, giving the potential for a good balanced return. Don’t forget that the value can fall as well as rise.
Features of transferring to our Junior ISA include:
- Simple to transfer – It only takes a few minutes to transfer online. We make no charge for the transfer.
- Professionally managed by Schroders – Your savings are balanced between stocks and shares and fixed interest holdings by the experienced fund management team at Schroders.
- Flexible – It’s up to you. Save as little as £10 a month, make single contributions – or both; up to £4,080 this financial year.
- Clear, low capped charges – Unlike some other providers, we don’t charge entry, exit or transfer fees.
- Manage your account online – View and add contributions at any time. Your family and friends can also contribute – it makes a great gift.
- Keeping up with inflation – We can automatically increase the amount of your regular savings each year to help your contributions keep pace with inflation
- Continue saving – If your child doesn’t need the money when they reach 18, the plan will automatically roll over into an Adult ISA.
Professionally Managed by Schroders
Your Junior ISA will be invested in our Foresters Stakeholder (Schroders) Managed Funds, which is actively managed by the expert fund managers at Schroders.
Schroders is an independent, dedicated asset manager with a strong heritage. It is one of the largest investment firms in Europe and has over 200 years’ experience of investment markets.
The graph on the left shows how your Junior ISA would grow if you transferred an account with the value of £3,600 to our Stakeholder (Schroders) Managed 1 Fund for five years from June 2012, which has a 1.5% annual management charge.
Despite volatility within the stock market and uncertainty as a result of the EU referendum, the fund, where our Junior ISA is invested in has grown by 6% this year as a result of diversification.
Past performance of an investment should not be used as an indicator to future performance.
About Foresters Financial
We are a mutual driven to share, not shareholder driven
Forester Life is part of Foresters Financial an international financial services organisation, which has a history of operating for over 140 years. We are responsible for funds under management of over 3.7bn in the UK and over 25.8bn across the whole organisation.
We share our financial strength with more than three million customers across the United Kingdom, Canada and the United States. Safeguarding their interests is at the heart of what we do. We invest time and money in ways we can work together to make a difference.
Key Features of our Junior Individual Savings Account (Junior ISA)
Download now >
Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions of our Junior Individual Savings Account (Junior ISA)
Download now >
Guide to Junior ISA
Sharing Our Expertise
We’ve put together a simple guide to Junior ISAs
Read now >
Join the mutual who look after the savings needs of over a million children in the UK by transferring your child’s savings to Foresters.
Already have a Foresters online account?
Make it easier to transfer your child’s CTF.
Sign in to My Plans
Or call us on:
0333 600 0333
Local rates apply